Forensics investigation involves the acquisition, preservation, analysis, and presentation of computer evidence. This type of evidence is fragile in nature and can easily, (or even inadvertently), be altered, destroyed, or rendered inadmissible as evidence. Computer evidence must be properly obtained, preserved, and analyzed to be accepted as reliable and valid in a court of law.
The objective of this lab is to provide expert knowledge about the AccessData FTK used in computer forensics.
James Smith is an employee of a reputed forensic investigation firm. He has been hired by a private organization to investigate a cybercrime scene. As an expert computer forensic investigator, he has to acquire, preserve, analyze, and present valid evidence in a court of law.
Forensics Investigation Using AccessData FTK
Computer Forensics Exercises / Forensics Investigation Using AccessData FTKÃÂ contains the following Exercises:
- Investigating a Case Using AccessData FTK
The Virtual Private Cloud for this Lab set utilizes:
These exercises are availableÃÂ as part of the following subscription:
Each subscription provides 6 months access to 34 Different Exercises. Each exercise contains a Scenario, Objectives, and individual step by step tasks to guide the user through all steps necessary to complete the exercise.Ã¢ÂÂ¨Ã¢ÂÂ¨The Computer Forensics Exercises are designed to give the user an ultimate hands-on experience. Each exercise category above has it’s own Virtual Private Cloud that comes preconfigured with Vulnerable websites, Victim Machines, and the environment is LOADED with tools, we even provide investigation files, hard disk clones and targets. Included in your network share are all the supporting tools required to practice in the Cyber Range / Lab environment.
Lab exercises are included for:
- Computer Forensics Investigation Process
- Computer Forensics Lab
- Understanding Hard Disks and File Systems
- Windows Forensics
- Data Acquisition and Duplication
- Recovering Deleted Files and Partitions
- Forensics Investigation Using AccessData FTK
- Forensics Investigation Using EnCase
- Steganography and Image File Forensics
- Application Password Crackers
- Log Capturing and Event Correlation
- Network Forensics, Investigating Logs and Investigating Network Traffic
- Investigating Wireless Attacks
- Tracking & Investigating Email Crimes
- Mobile Forensics
- Investigative Reports